According to STR’s most recent data through December 17th, hotel performance in the United States was lower than the prior week but showed stronger comparisons to 2019 in part due to a positive calendar change.
11-17 December 2022 (percentage change relative to the same week in 2019*):
- Average daily rate (ADR): $135.08 (+23.7%), Revenue per available room (RevPAR): $73.65 (+35.1%)
- The same week in 2019 concluded on December 21, which decreased performance for that period.
- Among the Top 25 Markets, Washington, D.C. had the best occupancy growth in 2019 (+22.6% to 58.7%).
- None of the Top 25 Markets had a decline in ADR in 2019
- New Orleans had the biggest ADR (+67.0% to US$183.93) and RevPAR (+89.1% to US$105.21) gains in 2019 compared to other cities.
- Oahu Island saw the sole fall in RevPAR (-0.3% to $175.49)