With the recent reopening of Malaysia’s international borders, the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (the Centre), the country’s leading corporate events facility, anticipates holding approximately 20 high-profile international events, 10 conventions, and 13 exhibits between now and December 2022.
“We are delighted to welcome international clients and delegates back to the Centre after a long break. We have recently hosted a few site visits for upcoming international conferences and are currently very focused on helping our clients, event organisers, visitors and guests safely and comfortably transition into organising and attending physical meetings and events. While the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are more relaxed now, our priority on safety and hygiene remains,” explained Alan Pryor, General Manager of the Centre.
The upcoming international events include:
- International Congress on Infectious Diseases (ICID) 2022;
- International Conference on Tropical Agriculture (ICTA) 2022;
- International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) 2022;
- Asia Turbomachinery & Pump Symposium (ATPS) 2022;
- 3rdAsia Optometric Congress 2022;
- International Medical Exhibition & Conference (IMEC EXPO) 2022;
- International Café & Beverage Show 2022;
- Control World Expo, Oil & Gas Asia
“International meetings and exhibitions are important to Malaysia and its business events and hospitality sectors. The business events industry is a vital social and economic driver that creates thousands of jobs supports talent development and knowledge exchange, generates millions in economic impact for the country and elevates Malaysia’s profile and market share globally,” Pryor concluded.
IATA Reports 43% Increase in Summer Bookings in the Middle East
Minor Group to Expand Hotel Portfolio with Multiple Properties in Saudi Arabia
Zoetry Wellness & Spa Resorts Expands to Greece With a Cliffside All-Inclusive Retreat