There are a lot of events scheduled in 2022 where travel professionals can expect more in-person interactions. These events include global summits, conferences, fairs and other events conducted by key travel organizations.
Here is a look at some of the most noteworthy upcoming events:
- International Tourism Fair FITUR: The event will take place in Madrid, Spain from January 19-23, 2022. It is a leading trade fair for markets in Latin America.
- WTTC Global Summit: This year’s three-day event will be held in Manila, the Philippines from March 14-16. It’s attended by key industry leaders and important government representatives.
- CLIA Cruise360: Cruise360 is Cruise Lines International Association’s (CLIA) biggest professional development event of the year and will take place from March 29 to April 3, 2022. This event promises to give stellar networking opportunities and insights into the latest industry trends.
- Seatrade Cruise Global: This event takes place in South Florida, the Miami Beach Convention Center from April 25-28, 2022.
- Global Travel Marketplace: This event takes place in The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood in South Florida from July 28-30, 2022. Meanwhile, GTM West will be held at the Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona from May 2-4, 2022.
- IPW: S. Travel Association’s IPW 2022 is scheduled to take place June 4-8, 2022 in Orlando, Florida.
- Virtuoso Travel Week: This event takes place in Las Vegas from August 14-19, It offers both in-person and virtual experience options for extensive professional development, community globetrotting, and much more.
- ASTA Global Convention: One of the essential industry events for travel agency professionals, the American Society of Travel Advisors (ASTA) annual Global Convention will be held at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square from August 24-26 in 2022.
- Future Leaders in Travel Retreat: Future Leaders in Travel Retreat is set to take place at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos in Mexico from August 28-31, 2022.
- IGLTA Global Convention: The 38th annual IGLTA Global Convention is slated to take place in Milan, Italy from October 26-29, 2022 and early registration is now open.
- CruiseWorld: South Florida’s Broward County Convention Center will also host Travel Weekly’s CruiseWorld from November 2-4, 2022.
- Travvys: The Travvy Awards will return to Fort Lauderdale, Florida for their eighth year on November 2, 2022.
- USTOA Annual Conference: The United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA) Annual Conference and Marketplace will be held at the JW Marriott Austin from November 28 to December 2, 2022.
- World Travel Market – London: One of the biggest travel conferences in the world. They host multiple events around the world, but it’s the event in London every November that remains on top. In 2022, the WTM London is scheduled to take place November 7-9.
- ALG Ascend Conference: Jacki Marks, Executive Vice President of ALG confirmed that the ALG Ascend Conference will return to Cancun, Mexico in 2022.