Saudia, the national flag carrier of Saudi Arabia, has secured the 9th global position in On-Time Performance (OTP) for the year 2023, according to an annual report by Cirium, marking six consecutive months in the top 10. The achievement is attributed to the Saudi Aviation Strategy, focused on enhancing customer experience and aligning with Saudia’s expansion goals. The airline maintained its position in the top 10 for six consecutive months in 2023.
- Saudia’s outstanding performance is a result of the Saudi Aviation Strategy, aimed at making Saudi Arabia a leader in the global aviation industry.
- The strategy is aligned with Saudia’s expansion goals, intending to bring around 330 million visitors to Saudi Arabia by 2030.
- A comprehensive transformation program across all sectors of Saudia Group played a significant role in operational efficiency improvement and securing the global position.
- Integration of digital systems and strategic development of King Abdulaziz International Airport were key components of the transformation.
- Saudia Flight Operations Center, housing the largest Integrated Operations Control Center (IOCC) in the Middle East, contributed to achieving global records in flight punctuality.
- The addition of new aircraft and commitment to a young fleet align with Saudia’s dedication to actively contribute to the goals outlined in Saudi Vision 2030.
- The focus on customer experience and continuous ranking among top-performing airlines reflects the commitment to long-term goals.
Saudia invested significantly in upgrading its aircraft, currently operating one of the youngest fleets. This achievement showcases Saudia’s commitment to excellence, marked by its global position in OTP and strategic initiatives contributing to the growth of the airline and the Saudi aviation industry.
The airline serves around 100 destinations across four continents, including all 28 domestic airports in Saudi Arabia. Saudia aims to become an industry-leading airline and position itself as a global hub, bringing the world to Saudi Arabia.