Grenada, the Spice Isle of the Caribbean, is dotted with boutique hotels and villas that offer tourists a genuine, one-of-a-kind experience. To raise awareness of these properties, the Ministry of Tourism and Grenada Tourism Authority (GTA) launched Simple Stays Grenada, a collection of 16 properties in Grenada, Carriacou, and Petite Martinique that provide affordable lodging so that travelers on any budget can enjoy an intimate and quality Caribbean escape.
“Grenada’s wide variety of boutique hotel and villa options is a distinguishing factor in the destination’s visitor appeal,” said Petra Roach, CEO, Grenada Tourism Authority. “The goal of this project is to showcase these properties. In addition, their special appeal and support them in our overall pandemic recovery.”
The properties included in the initiative are as follows:
- Allamanda Beach Resort: Set in Grand Anse Beach, it is affordable with an option of a Garden or Oceanview room along with a balcony.
- Bogles Round House: It has three cottages only 60 feet from the water that can accommodate two to four guests. It has stunning ocean views and gardens.
- Bougainvillea Apartments: Located in Mout Tout, the Bougainvillea Apartments surrounded by a tropical garden are ideal for a stay of any length. Including 20 standard and one- and two-bedroom apartments, each apartment comes fully furnished with air-conditioning and free WIFI.
- Carriacou Grand View Hotel: Featuring rooms and apartments with an abundance of amenities, and each accommodation includes an ocean or hills and valley’s view.
- Grenada Tropicana Inn: The Tropicana Inn, located within a close radius of Grand Anse and St. George’s, is a great accommodation for guests onsite.
- Hotel Laurena: Offering fully furnished apartments and rooms, Hotel Laurena is within close distance of the crystal-clear Caribbean Sea and other places including the bus terminal, banks, pharmacies, and more.
- John’s Unique Resort: John’s Unique Resort located in Carriacou welcomes guests with a warm stay and peaceful atmosphere. The property features WIFI, television access, ac, parking, and beach access.
- Melodies Guesthouse: Located in Sanchez, Petite Martinique, Melodies Guesthouse is the largest accommodation on the island. Step outside of Melodies Guesthouse for the most incredible panoramic view of the turquoise Caribbean waters. Plus, the Southern Grenadine Islands, and Carriacou.
- Mount Edgecombe: Tucked away in the mountains above the Caribbean Sea, Mt. Edgecombe is a working plantation resort on the West coast of Grenada in the St. Marks area.
- Point Salines Hotel: Pinpointed on the south of the island, Point Salines is just minutes away from Grand Anse and Dr. Grooms beaches. Guests can spend the day at the swimming pool or walk to the only bowling alley on the island.
- SeaBreeze Hotel: SeaBreeze Hotel features sixteen renovated and air-conditioned rooms. Take a dip in the swimming pool, or visit the tennis and basketball courts just across the road. Guests also get a magnificent view of the Caribbean Sea right from their room.
- Siesta Hotel: Family-owned with 53 rooms perched on a hillside, Siesta Hotel is only a five-minute walk from Grand Anse Beach. Each apartment features a kitchen along with a living room that includes a pull-out couch.
- South Winds Apartments & Cottages: Located right in the tourism hub and in close distance of Grand Anse Beach, it offers 14 apartments and two cottages that are furnished and fully equipped, and all provide maid service.
- The Town House: Set in Carriacou with a view of the beach, The Town House is within perfect distance of restaurants, supermarkets, the airport, bus terminal, and the beautiful Grenada waters.
- Wave Crest Suites: Ideally located in the tourist hub and within a five-minute walk from Grand Anse Beach, family-owned Wave Crest Suites provide a comfortable and personal stay for guests.